Sunday, 7 December 2008
Photograph of "The Central Hall" from 1929 sales brochure issued by Messrs. Knight Frank & Rutley showing Egeria, Carrara pedestal, and basin carved from Sintra Marble.
This photograph shows that the nymph was facing down the main corridor,with the Music Room behind her (see curtained windows in the background). Kentia palms stood on Chinese porcelain garden seats in the surrounding arches. Fountain is decorated with Tree Ferns and Hydrangeas.